Eagle Awards Eligibility Requirements
- Eagle Award candidates must be active professional members of ASBO International.
- Candidates must be employed full-time as school business officials through Dec 31, 2019.
- Previous Distinguished Eagle Award recipients may only be considered for the International Eagle Award.
Eagle Awards Application Materials
Apply or nominate by June 1:
- Professional Resume, including:
- Career history and achievements.
- Educational and professional credentials and awards.
- Publications and presentations on school business.
- Professional activities with ASBO International, ASBO affiliates, and other associations.
- Personal Biography (not to exceed 300 words).
- Letter of Reference from Supervisor.
- Response to the following (not to exceed 300 words each):
- How have you contributed to the advancement of your district, your state affiliate, and/or ASBO International?
- Describe unique aspects or responsibilities of your position that you would share with your community to build greater awareness and understanding of the school business profession.
- What has been the greatest challenge or conflict your district has faced, and what did you do to help overcome it?
Important Dates for the 2019 Eagle Awards
Mid-July: Recipients will work with ASBO to record an interview for the Eagle Award video. (Detailed guidance, equipment, and instructions will be provided.)
October 25–28, 2019: Eagle Award recipients receive complimentary registration to attend ASBO International’s Annual Conference & Expo, in National Harbor, Maryland, where they must attend the Eagle Awards rehearsal, the first General Session Eagle Awards presentation, the Eagle Awards Reception and pin presentation, and the Eagle Awards Dinner.
Travel expenses to and from National Harbor, hotel, and meal expenses during the Annual Conference are the responsibility of the Eagle Award recipients.
TBD July 2020: Eagle Award recipients receive complimentary registration and travel to the 2020 Eagle Institute.